These terms and conditions were last updated on 4th June 2015.
Thank you for your interest in Cocoa Runners. These terms and conditions apply when you use this website and purchase any items from us. Please also read our Privacy and Cookies Policy which sets out how we collect, process and use your information.
The website www.cocoarunners.com (the “website”) is owned and operated by NC Chocolate Ltd., trading as ‘Cocoa Runners’ (“Cocoa Runners”, or “we”, “us” or “our”).
By using our website and each time you place an order with us, you are agreeing to these terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website.
We will update our terms and conditions from time to time and the latest version will appear on our website with the date that it was last updated. By using the service after any changes have been posted, you agree to the new terms.
If you would like to keep a copy of these terms and conditions, please click here.
- To use our website you will need to set up an account with us. You need to be 18 or over to create an account [and must be resident in the United Kingdom]. By joining us you confirm that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- You will also become a member of the site, eligible to purchase individual chocolate bars and special offers, if you “gift” a subscription to another person.
- You are responsible for your own account, including making sure that your details are correct and kept up to date and for ensuring that your password is secure. If you think that your account is being used by anyone else, please Contact Us immediately. If we believe that your account has been compromised, we may suspend your account and we will contact you to try and resolve the problem.
- We may refuse any application to join our website or receive our services for any reason whatsoever.
- If you have any problems creating an account, logging into your account or updating your details, please have a look at our FAQs or Contact Us.
Content on our website
- We may change or remove content or parts of our website at any time.
- The legal rights (including the intellectual property rights) in our website and any content on it is owned by us, or licensed to us by third parties. Our website and content is protected by international copyright laws and database rights. Nothing on our website grants you any licence or right to use, alter or remove such material. You may not use our trade marks, logos or other intellectual property.
- From time to time our website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over, or responsibility for, the content of the linked website(s).
- Your access to our website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will endeavour to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
Your use of our website
- You agree that you will not: (a) impersonate any other person, conduct yourself in an offensive manner, or use our website for any unlawful purposes; (b) attempt to access the accounts of other users or misuse our website by introducing viruses, trojans, worms or other harmful material; or (c) disable or modify any copy protection technology used on our website.
- We may suspend, restrict or terminate your account and your access to our website if we believe that you have breached these terms. This does not limit our right to take any other actions against you that we consider appropriate to protect our rights.
- The prices which you must pay for the products that you order are set out on the website at the time you place your order (plus a delivery charge for individual chocolate bars (postage for monthly subscriptions is free)).
- Due to the volume of products on our website, it is possible that some of the products may be incorrectly priced from time to time. We are under no obligation to supply products to you at an incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an order confirmation message, if the pricing error is clear and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised as mis-pricing.
- All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate (currently 20%).
Placing an order
- In order to purchase a monthly subscription, individual chocolate bars or special offers, you will need to log in to your account and click on the “Buy Now” button next to the product.
- You will then be asked to submit your payment details in accordance with our accepted payment methods.
- Our ordering process allows you to review your order and make any corrections before submitting it to us and by submitting the order you confirm that you have made any such corrections.
- Once you click on the “Confirm and Pay” tab we will process your payment details and you will not be able to cancel your order. No order is accepted from you until our website displays an order confirmation message. This message is also displayed in the Profile page and will be communicated to you by email. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
- Our products are made in the same environment as nuts and gluten products and therefore we cannot guarantee that they are free from nut or gluten traces.
- We ask our suppliers for dietary information which we display on the site, but we do not make any warranties as to the accuracy of this information and we do not assume any liabilities.
- In the case of a monthly subscriber, we will use our reasonable endeavours to ship the subscription box during the third week of each month and we will bill you during the second week of each month and subsequently thereafter.
- In the case of a quarterly subscriber, we will use our reasonable endeavours to ship the subscription box during the third week of each month and we will bill you during the second week of the third month after your subscription has started and subsequently thereafter.
- Free chocolate bars and discounted offers are only available to new users of our website, except where expressly stated. Previous users or trialists of the subscription service do not qualify for an additional special offer.
- Any discounts and credits we make are designed to be used independently and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- If your payment details change, your card provider may provide us with updated card details. We may use these new details for your future subscription boxes in order to help prevent any interruption to the service. If you would prefer to opt out from this service, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Subscription boxes and individual chocolate bars currently can only be bought and delivered to addresses within the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland). If you live outside the UK and wish to subscribe or purchase individual chocolate bars, please phone us on [●] or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to meet your requests. There is a delivery charge for shipping internationally.
- We currently use Royal Mail second class postage to deliver subscription boxes to you.
- Individual chocolate bars and other items for delivery are also sent via Royal Mail second class postage unless you select expedited delivery.
- We reserve the right to amend delivery fees at any time without notice.
- If we are unable to fulfil your order due to the product(s) being unavailable, we will inform you via email and reimburse to you any sum paid as soon as possible.
- You will become the owner of the products you have ordered when they are delivered to you. Once products have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- Products containing alcohol are only available for purchase to persons over the age of 18. By placing an order for an alcoholic product you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- If you change address, you must update your address details on our website to ensure that the products are sent to the correct address. Please ensure that this is done at least 5 days before we ship an order.
Cancellation and Suspension
- You may cancel or suspend your monthly or quarterly subscription service by contacting us at email@example.com, before the 10th of the month of auto-renewal. Please note that removing your credit card details from your account profile will not stop your subscription or prevent payments being taken.
- You can cancel an individual chocolate bar order provided that it has not entered our “pick and pack” dispatch process. Unfortunately we cannot give exact timings of when orders are handed over to “pick and pack”, however if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will endeavour to help you.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your order, any sum debited from your payment card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 days of your order.
- You cannot cancel your subscription until the first box has been dispatched and received.
- If you receive a free first month, we will have asked you not to cancel until after your 3rd box has been paid for and dispatched and we would ask you to respect this condition of trial.
- If you received any other incentives to join (e.g. discounted first month, free bar, etc), we reserve the right to deduct the cost of these from any refund.
- If you are unhappy with any chocolate bar that you receive from us, please contact us at email@example.com, sending a photo of the product. We retain the right to request a return of any faulty products by recorded delivery to:
Clientbase Fulfilment Ltd.,
If the fault is agreed, a full refund will be given for the returned goods within 7 days. We reserve the right to refuse a refund on any chocolate bar.
- The only reason that we will offer a refund is for a faulty product. As per the guidance from the Office of Fair Trading, we are not able to accept order cancellations, offer refunds or allow the return of our products for any other reason due to their perishable nature.
Other important terms
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes our liability for: (i) death or personal injury by our negligence; (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Nor will any of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable the enforceability of any other part of these terms will not be affected.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person has any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- You may not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer your rights or obligations under these terms to anyone else. You agree that we may assign or transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms.
- We will not be liable to you for any lack of performance, or the unavailability or failure of our website or our services, or for any failure by us to comply with these terms, where such lack, unavailability or failure arises from any cause reasonably beyond our control.
- These terms, and any contract between us, are in the English language. The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us. However, if you are resident in Northern Ireland, you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident in Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
How to contact us and further information
- If you have any feedback, questions or complaints or any requests for technical support, then please refer to our Help Pages or Contact Us.
- The website www.cocoarunners.com is owned and operated by NC Chocolate Ltd., trading as ‘Cocoa Runners’. We are a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 08647546), and our registered office is at Clearwater House, 4-7 Manchester Street, London W1U 3AE.
- Our VAT registration number is 170 0155 53.