Chocolate & Cinnamon Tear & Share Loaf
Makes 1 Loaf
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 400g plain flour
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4tbsp warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 80 ml whole milk
- 45g unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 50g roughly chopped dark chocolate chips
FOR THE FILLING:
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 30 grams unsalted butter melted
MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Mix together 300g flour, sugar and salt and chopped chocolate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir the warm water into the yeast. Let it sit until it bubbles. In the meantime, melt the butter, then add the milk and stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients (milk/butter + water/yeast) into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add 100g of flour bit by bit and mix until the dough is smooth. It should be very sticky.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and it rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 45min – 1 hour.
- While the dough rises, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
- Grease and flour a 23x13x8cm loaf tin.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently until it is smooth and no longer sticky (this should take about 1 minute).
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out into a rectangle that’s about 30x50cm.
- Brush the rectangle with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Slice the dough vertically into six equal strips. Stack the strips on top of one another and again cut into six equal stacks.
- Layer the squares in the loaf pan, cover the pan with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place to rise for 30-45 minutes, or until it’s almost doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Bake the cinnamon sugar pull apart-bread for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown. If it browns too quickly, cover it loosely with kitchen foil.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the loaf tin.
Recipe Adapted by Cocoa Runners From Joy The Baker – https://joythebaker.com/2011/03/cinnamon-sugar-pull-apart-bread/
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95