Chocolate, Coffee & Walnut Protein Balls
Our Chocolate, Coffee & Walnut Protein Balls are just the thing to have on hand for those moments when you need a quick refuel. High in protein and fibre, this recipe was written by the wonderfully talented Sarah Fassnidge, who also took the photos you see here.
Our 63% cacao couverture is the perfect cooking chocolate for these coffee and walnut protein balls. Cacao from Madagascar naturally has a bright flavour profile that provides the perfect foil to the earthy intensity of the coffee.
- 75g 63% Cocoa Runners Madagascan Cooking Chocolate
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g Medjool dates (if using dried dates, soak for 5 mins before squeezing out well the excess water)
- 50g oats 50g walnuts [optional 12 walnut halves]
- 2 tbsp (30ml) strong espresso
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Blitz chocolate in food processor for about 30 seconds to break up the buttons slightly
- Meanwhile stir your hot coffee in to the cocoa powder
- Add in the dates, oats, walnuts, coffee and cocoa mix and salt to the food processor and blitz until it comes together to form a sticky dough
- Using your hands divide the mixture into 12 balls and roll in your fingers
- Press a walnut half into the top of each ball if using
To store, keep in a sealed container in the fridge. Ideally remove from the fridge about 30 mins before eating to bring up to room temperature. These will keep in the fridge for up to a week. To freeze, wrap them well and freeze immediately after making. They will keep in the freezer for up to a month. To defrost, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge.
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Make Your Own Chocolate Bar – Home Cooking Activity Kit£18.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95