For the biscuits:
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 1 free-rang egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g/10oz plain flour
- 150g milk chocolate couverture
- 50g Chopped hazelnuts
For the biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30min.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm/½in.
- Using biscuit cutters to cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, taking care to ensure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl
- Into the bowl, put 100g of milk chocolate couverture and stir until it melts
- Once it has fully melted, take this off the heat and stir in the remaining 50g of milk chocolate buttons. Set aside.
- Take each biscuit and dip into the chocolate, then place on a rack and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts
- Leave on the rack to cool and set, then enjoy!
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Make Your Own Lollipops – Home Cooking Activity Kit£19.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95