Chocolate, Orange, Fig & Hazelnut Protein Balls
Our Chocolate, Orange, Fig & Hazelnut Power Balls are a fruit and nut filled snack to get you going whenever your energy dips. This recipe was written by the wonderfully talented Sarah Fassnidge, who also took the photos you see here.
Our 63% cacao couverture is the perfect cooking chocolate for these Chocolate, Orange, Fig & Hazelnut Power Balls, as cacao from Madagascar naturally has a bright flavour profile that many compare to orange, raspberries and cranberries. These notes complement the juicy notes of the orange and fig perfectly.
- 50g 63% Cocoa Runners Madagascan Cooking Chocolate
- 75g dried figs
- 75g hazelnuts (blanched and roasted)
- 50g almonds
- Zest of an unwaxed orange finely grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blitz chocolate in food processor to break up the buttons into smaller pieces
- Add in the figs, nuts, salt to the food processor and blitz until consistency resembles breadcrumbs and comes together when squeezed between your fingers
- Stir through the orange zest
- Using your hands divide the mixture into 12 balls of about 1tbsp each and roll in to balls.
To store, keep in a sealed container in the fridge. Ideally remove from the fridge about 30 mins before eating to bring up to room temperature. These will keep in the fridge for up to a week. To freeze, wrap them well and freeze immediately after making. They will keep in the freezer for up to a month. To defrost, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge.
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Make Your Own Chocolate Bar – Home Cooking Activity Kit£18.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95