Chocolate & Passion Fruit Pots
Milk Chocolate Passion Fruits Pots
This recipe is one from Lucy Burton, who loves the plethora of tropical fruits that come to market during Winter. Lucy wanted to pair the tangy, rich passion fruit with Cocoa Runners fudgy and lightly fruity milk chocolate, with the chocolate counter-balancing the sharpness beautifully.
We fell in love with this recipe from its bright and rich flavour profile to the simplicity of the recipe.
- 150g milk chocolate buttons
- 120g double cream
- 50g whole milk
- 3 passion fruits, ripe and wrinkled
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Halve two of the passion fruit and scoop the seeds and pulp into a blender. Blitz, then strain the juice into a saucepan (discarding the seeds). Add the cream, milk and fine sea salt. Set over a medium heat and bring to the boil. While the cream is heating, weigh the chocolate and place in a heat-proof bowl. If you are using a bar, you will need to finely chop it.
- Once the cream is bubbling, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Leave it alone for 5-10 minutes to allow the cream to fully melt the chocolate. Once the time has passed, stir the mixture to bring it into a smooth ganache.
- Cut into the final passion fruit, and use a tea spoon to dot some fresh pulp and seeds into the bottom of your glasses or ramekins. Fill with the milk chocolate ganache, then top with a little more fresh passion fruit and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour before serving.
Recipe by Lucy Burton (Pudding Lane Blog)
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Make Your Own Chocolate Bar – Home Cooking Activity Kit£18.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95