Three Ingredient Earl Grey Flavoured Milk Chocolate Mousse
This is a creamy Earl Grey infused twist on our classic two ingredient dark chocolate mousse. The original recipe comes from Hervé This’s Molecular Gastronomy and is suitable for vegans. It has been adapted her by the wonderfully talented Sarah Fassnidge, who also took the photos you see here.
Our 44% cacao couverture is the perfect cooking chocolate for this recipe, as cacao from Madagascar naturally has a bright flavour profile that many compare to orange, raspberries and cranberries. This creamy milk chocolate complements the delicate bergamot in Earl Grey to perfection.
- 170g Water
- 1tsp Loose Leaf Earl Grey Tea / 1 Earl Grey Tea Bag
- 2x bowls: one that will sit inside the other containing iced water
- Handful of ice
- Balloon whisk
- Spatula/spoon for decanting
- 4x ramekins or small glasses to serve
- Weigh out ingredients
- Prepare bowl with iced water
- Boil water and tea/teabag
- Pour strained boiling water over chocolate and stir the chocolate until chocolate has melted
- Place bowl with the ganache in to the bowl of iced water and whisk the chocolate ganache
- Continue whisking (this will take a few minutes) until the chocolate ganache begins to thicken, the colour lightens slightly and the mixture starts to resemble an airy mousse
- The mousse will be done when the chocolate mixture starts to leave a ribbon on the surface as you lift the whisk out of the bowl. You are looking for a texture similar to softly whipped cream.
- Remove bowl from the ice bath.
- Immediately decant chocolate mousse into your ramekins glasses. The mousse will continue to set slightly as it sits in the bowls.
It is easy to take the mousse too far. If this happens it will take on a grainy texture. All you have to do is reheat the mixture in a saucepan (or bain marie) to melt the chocolate again and repeat steps 5-9.
The mousse should be served at room temperature
Watch Our Tutorial
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Make Your Own Chocolate Bar – Home Cooking Activity Kit£18.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95