Spiced Chocolate Protein Balls
Our Spiced Chocolate Power Balls are a supremely spicy snack to get you going whenever your energy dips. This recipe was written by the wonderfully talented Sarah Fassnidge, who also took the photos you see here.
Our 63% cacao couverture is the perfect cooking chocolate for these Spiced Chocolate Power Balls, as cacao from Madagascar naturally has a bright flavour profile that many compare to orange, raspberries and cranberries. These notes balance with the spices perfectly.
- 100g 63% Cocoa Runners Madagascan Cooking Chocolate
- 100g Medjool dates (if using dried dates, soak for 5 mins in water and squeeze out excess before using)
- 150g Cashew nuts
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blitz chocolate in food processor break up the buttons into smaller pieces
- Add in the dates, cashew nuts, spices and salt to the food processor and blitz until consistency resembles breadcrumbs and comes together when squeezed between your fingers
- Using your hands divide the mixture into 16 balls of about 1tbsp each and roll in your hands.
To store, keep in a sealed container in the fridge. Ideally remove from the fridge about 30 mins before eating to bring up to room temperature. These will keep in the fridge for up to a week. To freeze, wrap them well and freeze immediately after making. They will keep in the freezer for up to a month. To defrost, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge.
Shop Our Cooking Chocolate Range
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 200g£6.95
Make Your Own Chocolate Bar – Home Cooking Activity Kit£18.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 100% Cacao 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 63% Dark Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Cooking & Baking 44% Milk Chocolate 230g£6.95
Cocoa Runners Madagascan Roasted Cocoa Nibs – 230g bag£9.95