A classic, indulgent dessert, which never fails to please. Most chocolate mousse recipes use dark chocolate, but our milk chocolate is so full of flavour that it delivers a great chocolate hit.
- 115g Cocoa Runners milk chocolate
- 2 eggs, separated
- 100ml whipping or double cream
grated dark chocolate, to decorate
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of summering water, stirring now and then. Once the chocolate has melted, set it aside to cool slightly.
- Beat together the egg yolks, then add them to the melted chocolate, mixing in well. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a clean, cool mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Mix 1 tbsp of whisked egg white into the chocolate mixture to loosen it. Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the remaining egg white.
- Whisk the cream until fluffy. Using a metal spoon, gently but thoroughly fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide into 4 serving bowls or cups, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Decorate with a little grated dark chocolate and serve.
Recipe by Jenny Linford