Hazelnut Cocoa Nibs Brownies
Everyone loves a brownie! Adding hazelnuts and cocoa nibs adds both texture and flavour to these rich, chocolate-y treats.
- 150g butter
- 250g Cocoa Runners dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 75g hazelnuts, dry-roasted and cooled
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm square baking tin with foil.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of summering water, stirring now and then. Once melted, set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and thick. Gently stir in the melted chocolate mixture until well-mixed.
- Sift the flour and gently fold in, using a metal spoon. Stir in the hazelnuts and cocoa nibs. Transfer the mixture to the lined tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the mixture has set and a ‘crust’ has formed on the surface. You want the texture under the crust to be soft and fudgy. Remove, cool and slice into 16 squares.
Recipe by Jenny Linford