This event has already taken place, but you can watch the virtual tasting at this link: https://youtu.be/nueD4hJJ91w – enjoy!
What will I learn?
We’ll unravel the stories behind each wine and chocolate. Leaving the wine to the experts over at The Wine Society, we’ll show you you how different varieties of cocoa beans, fermentation, grinding and crafting styles impact flavour, intensity, mouthfeel, texture and taste.
We’ll also cover a brief history of chocolate and it’s slightly anomalous relationship with Valentines day!
As part of this, we’ll also explain how and why to read a chocolate label, exploring what ingredients to look for as well as considering the origins of the cocoa.
What will the kit include?
- Six Craft Chocolate Bars (or samples)
- Conexion – Virgin Dark 70% w/Cacao Nibs, Apovinces
- Standout Chocolate – Peru, Urubamba 70% Dark
- Pralus – Le 100% (5g samples) x2
- Original Beans – Cru Virunga – 4.5g Neapolitan x6
- Tosier – DarkMylk Kasha Bar 65% ABOCFA Ghana, Taster x2
- Original Beans – Esmereldas Mill (mini bar) x2
- A tasting wave handout and information on the bars and their makers
- A Gift Box to keep safe any left over chocolate
- NOTE: The wine should be purchased separately from The Wine Society’s website here
Book your spot ahead of time to surprise that special someone, or to treat yourself!